Are you working on a book, manuscript, memoir, dissertation, or other writing project and need to get past that writer’s block?
You’re staring at a blank screen, waiting for the ideas to flow. Or you’re doing something else—anything!—to avoid thinking about:
- That proposal or memo you need to write
- That speech you need to give
- That PowerPoint you need to prepare
- That business book you have an idea for
- That memoir you want to share
- A compelling fictional story you can imagine as a book.
You may need a writing coach—someone to help get you focused, someone to help get the writing project moving towards a goal.
A seasoned writing coach is like a personal trainer for a writer—part editor, part mentor, someone who can help you get from Point A (idea) to Point Z (the final product), and through every point in between, including:
- Organizing your project to meet deadlines
- Guiding you through blocks to your writing
- Defining the parameters of the format, whether a memo, a quarterly report, or a book
- Discovering the most appropriate style and voice, based on your intended audience
- Developing a compelling arc and flow for your story or message, from opening to close
- Making sure all the other details are attended to in the final product—the mechanics of grammar (spelling, word usage, sentence and paragraph construction, consistency, etc.), and how it looks (appropriate formatting, and good graphics, if used in the project)
Thinking Cap Training will connect you with a writing coach appropriate to your particular project. There is no charge for an initial consultation.
Contact us today to discuss your writing needs.